I am an Assistant Professor in computer science at Université Savoie Mont Blanc.
My research focuses broadly on leveraging
emergent technologies to engineer software
systems designed to measure and improve network service performance.
Before joining USMB, I was a Research Scientist at Nokia Bell Labs as well as a Post-Doc in the
MiMove group at Inria, Paris.
I obtained a Ph.D. from
Email: fbronzino (at) univ-smb (dot) fr
Phone number: (+33) 04 50 09 65 08
Work Address: Office A133, Polytech Annecy-Chambéry, 5 Chemin de Bellevue, Annecy-le-Vieux, 74940 ANNECY
Full CV and Accademic Record
- 4/10/21: Our work on developing a new framework and system that enables the joint evaluation of both machine learning performance and systems-level costs of different representations of network traffic has been accepted and will appear at ACM Sigmetrics 2022!
- 16/09/21: We have received a joint ANR-NSF award to study new ways to model traffic for machine learning on modern networks! This is a collaboration with University of Chicago and Stanford University.
- 15/07/21: We have received an ANR award to study distributed allocation schemes for edge computing infrastructures tailored for AI-intensive processing tasks! This is a collaboration with Avignon Université, Inria, and CNAM.
- 01/07/21: Congratulations to Pramodh and Francescomaria for two papers accepted at the HotEdgeVideo Workshop co-located with ACM Mobicom 2021!
PDF 1PDF 2
- 30/05/21: Many thanks to the France Chicago Center of the University of Chicago for supporting the collaboration between Prof. Feamster and I on "Modeling Modern Network Traffic: From Data Representation to Automated Machine Learning"! Link
- 30/05/21: Congratulations to Razanne for getting her poster paper titled "Impact of Connectivity Degradation on Networked Robotic Swarm Cooperation" accepted at DCOSS 2021! PDF
- 18/12/20: Our work on characterizing service provider response during the COVID-19 pandemic has been accepted to appear at PAM 2021. Congrats Shinan and the team! PDF
- 13/11/20: I am looking for master level students interested in doing their thesis with me. Take a look at the available topics. Link
- 13/11/20: Interested in knowing how the Internet/ISPs responded to COVID-19? Check out our paper on "Interconnection Changes in the United States" at the IAB COVID-19 Workshop (collaboration with UChicago and ComcastPDF
- 16/10/20: Our work on AR using embedded edge devices has been accepted to IEEE CCNC 2021. Congrats Ayoub on his first accepted paper!
- 18/09/20: Our work on NOVN will appear in the Elsevier Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal. PDF
- 01/09/20: I moved to Université Savoie Mont Blanc as an Assistant Professor
- 09/06/20: We presented our paper on video quality inference at Sigmetrics 2020. Video
- 16/10/19: Our work on video quality inference from encrypted traffic has been accepted and will appear at ACM Sigmetrics 2020 PDF
- 21/08/19: Our research on residential broadband was highlighted in the Wall Street Journal: Link
(available also on the Aug 21st edition)
- 27/03/19: We presented our paper on Service Traceroute at PAM 19. PDF